November 24, 2011

Day 12: Holidays

I crave a good holiday. The day after a holiday I can't help but get anxious for the next. I love how holidays bring people together and its another excuse to mix up the decorations. I know I probably have annoyed my husband a bit with the changing of the decorations, but he knows I love it so he puts up with me. Sweet guy, I know. The problem he sees is that with each new set of decorations I make new things, because as a newlywed I don't have much for decorating our house for the holidays. Its been a work in progress to say in the least. The day after last Christmas we went and hit the 80-90 percent off sale on Christmas decor, as we knew that the following year would be our first Christmas as a married couple. Jeff will testify that the day after Christmas I was beyond excited for the next Christmas? What Christmas-obsessed-girl-soon-to-be-newly-wed wouldn't be? 

Since I was a little girl I could wait to put up the tree, ornaments, lights, and fill the house with the music of the season. I love every part of it. My all time favorite movie is the Grinch that Stole Christmas (the one with Jim Carey) to say that I LOVE it is an understatement. I know every line and song by heart. I watch it no matter what time of year. The thing that I love most about Christmas isn't the presents or the superficial stuff its the way that it makes you feel. You spend time with family and eat delicious food and the lights at every house how could you not love Christmas. My dear sweet husband let me even put up our decorations a week early this year! Thank you honey!! I will post pictures of our amazing tree and decorations thus far.
How could you not love this green face? haha

I do love majority of holidays. Jeff has to work this thanksgiving from 6am to 6pm. I felt bad that he would miss out on Thanksgiving and seeing as it was our first I just couldn't stand to let it pass us by. So as I have said before I planned to cook it all by myself. Of course, being me, I pulled out all the stops everything from the cranberry sauce to the salad dressing is made from scratch. We have rolls, turkey, green bean casserole, stuffed mushrooms, spiced sugar carrots, spinach poppy seed and pomegranate salad, stuffing, and homemade ice cream and pies. Fortunately, my mom came to help make my 2 days of cooking run smoothly not to mention after dinner Black Friday shopping extravaganza. I love being married and having a home to fill with company and celebrate the holidays together. I don't think life could get any better. Did I mention my dad is coming for dinner? I have never spent Thanksgiving day with my dad and I'm excited for him to come eat at my house. I promise there will be lots of pictures of our eventful day!
Have a very happy turkey day!!! I know we will!

Love Always, 

No comments: